Want to be a travel writer?
Calling all young travel writers! Do you think you can write a winning short story about a holiday you’ve had? If you’ve been on an amazing holiday and are just bursting to tell the world about it, then this is the competition for you!
If your holiday story is the best of all, you will win a holiday for the WHOLE of your family to a fun-packed Al Fresco holiday park of your choice.
So, there are plenty of brownie points with mum if you win!
How to enter
To enter, all you need to do is write up to 300 words all about your holiday, where you went, what you did, why it was great, and upload your story below and you could win the holiday. If you want to, include pictures if possible so we can see what made it such a good holiday.
The top ten stories will then be judged for the chance to win a holiday to an Al Fresco holiday parc in Europe.
There are two age ranges – 10 & under and 11 & over – so please include your age, name and email address.
Finally, make sure to get mum and dad’s permission first!
Jump start your creativity
If you’re stuck for ideas, here’s a few to get you started. Don’t worry, you don’t need to answer everything on the list, it’s just to give you some pointers:
- Where did you go?
- How did you get there?
- Who did you go with?
- Did you go to the beach, play in the pool or explore the countryside?
- Did you try a new sport?
- Did you make lots of new friends?
- Did anything funny happen while you were away?
- What was the best bit?
- Did you sample any new food? Did you like it? Anything you didn’t like?
- Was there anything that made you laugh?
- Did you see/do anything strange or wonderful?
TERMS & CONDITIONS (Mum and Dad might want to read these):
- The prize is a family Al Fresco holiday to a European park of your choice subject to availability for seven nights and excludes: Marina Di Venezia, Pra Delle Torri, Camping Yelloh! Village Le Sylvamar, Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia, Le Séquoia Parc & Camping La Garangeoire
- Travel will be included in the prize for a family of four to a maximum value of £500
- Al Fresco has the right to withdraw the competition at any time.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative
- If the initial winner is unable to claim their prize, another winner will be chosen at the discretion of Al Fresco
- Winners must travel with someone 25 years old or over
- The winner will be contacted within seven days of the competition closing date with full details of the prize and how to claim it
- The winner’s name will be available 30 days after the closing date by contacting Al Fresco Holidays.
- Start date is 1 February 2012
- Closing date is 5pm on 1 March 2012
- Any entries received after the closing date will not be counted
- The winner will need to draft 300 words about the prize to appear on the main blog and be available for promotion
- Holiday must be taken in 2012.