YOUNG STORY WRITER OF THE YEAR IS BACK! - Al Fresco Holidays
It’s the return of our annual Young Story Writer competition. This year it’s bigger and better than ever before as we’ve recruited children’s author, Jeremy Strong, to seek out Britain’s next young writing talent!
So kids, stop watching TV, put the iPad down, spend less time on YouTube and quit playing on the Wii, now’s the time to let the creative juices flow and show off your writing skills.
As well as judging the competition, Jeremy, author of 77 children’s novels, one of which was made into a popular BBC children’s TV series, has also penned his very own short story, “Joe’s Unusual Journey”, exclusively for
Al Fresco Holidays, coming soon!
A different entry a day will be chosen at random to be uploaded onto the blog for everyone to read and Jeremy Strong will be offering his top five tips on how to write a short story, stay tuned for more details.
So, do you know a young J. K. Rowling or a budding Roald Dahl? Well, send them our way! Aspiring writers have until March 31st to submit a piece of writing no longer than 500 words about a journey, whether real or imaginary, to be in with the chance of winning an all expenses paid 2013 family holiday of a lifetime!
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Write a short story no longer than 500 words with the My Fantastic Journey theme in mind
2. Visit here , email firstname.lastname@example.org or send entries to Young Story Writer, Brazen PR, 27 Great Ancoats Street, Manchester, M4 5AJ
Second and third place stories will win an Amazon Kindle and five runners up will receive writing packs.
Good Luck! We can’t wait to read them.
Terms & Conditions:
- The prize is a family holiday to a parc of your choice subject to availability for seven nights and excludes: Marina Di Venezia, Pra Delle Torri, Bella Italia, Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia, Le Séquoia Parc & Camping La Garangeoire
- Travel will be included in the prize for a family of up to six to a maximum value of £500
- Al Fresco Holidays has the right to withdraw the competition at any time.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative
- If the initial winner is unable to claim their prize, another winner will be chosen at the discretion of Al Fresco Holidays
- Winners must travel with someone 25 years old or over
- The winner will be contacted within seven days of the competition closing date with full details of the prize and how to claim it
- The winner’s name will be available 30 days after the closing date by contacting Al Fresco
- Start date is 4 February 2013
- Closing date is 5pm on 31 March 2013
- Any entries received after the closing date will not be counted
- The winner will need to draft 500 words about the prize to appear on the main blog and be available for promotion. Runners up also to be available for PR activity
- Holiday must be taken in 2013
- Story must be no longer than 500 words
- The story must have an element of a journey
- The story must be an original idea
- The competition is eligible for children aged from six to 12 years