Chef of the Year Competition
Calling all budding chefs!
Is your cooking the cream of the crop? Are your BBQ skills hotter than spicy chicken wings? If so, Al Fresco Holidays needs you!
We’re giving one culinary whizz the chance to win a family holiday to an Al Fresco parc of their choice – in exchange for their best al fresco style recipe.
Whether you love picnic treats, or rustling up a feast on the BBQ is more your sort of thing – we want to hear from you. We’re on a serious scout for people who are passionate about all al fresco style food, so if you think your recipe is top trumps, show us!
Are you taste buds well and truly tickled? Entering our Chef of the Year competition couldn’t be simper. Just upload your favourite recipe with an image of your dish to the wine and food section of our blog – and voilà, you’re done!
The competition kicks off 1 May and will run for one month. During that time the Al Fresco team of judges – the on-parc holiday reps – will pick the the top ten recipes for the chance to win a holiday to an Al Fresco holiday parc in Europe.
Need some inspiration? Here’s one of my favourite al fresco dishes for a feast to remember –
Sticky chicken drumsticks
8 chicken drumsticks
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp tomato purée
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Make 3 slashes on each of the drumsticks. Mix together the soy, honey, oil, tomato purée and mustard. Pour this mixture over the chicken and coat thoroughly. Leave to marinate for 30 mins at room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
- Put the chicken on the BBQ and cook throroughly turning occasionally, until the chicken is tender and glistening with the marinade.
Good luck and happy cooking!
Terms and Conditions:
- The prize is a family holiday to a parc of your choice subject to availability for seven nights and excludes: Marina Di Venezia, Pra Delle Torri, Camping Yelloh! Village Le Sylvamar, Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia, Le Séquoia Parc & Camping La Garangeoire
- Travel is not included in the prize
- Al Fresco has the right to withdraw the competition at any time.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative
- If the initial winner is unable to claim their prize, another winner will be chosen at the discretion of Al Fresco
- The winner will be contacted within seven days of the competition closing date with full details of the prize and how to claim it
- The winner’s name will be available 30 days after the closing date by contacting Al Fresco
- Competition start date is 1 May 2012
- Competition closing date is 31 May 2012 at 5pm
- Any entries received after the closing date will not be counted
- The winner will need to draft 300 words about the prize to appear on the main blog and be available for promotion
- Holiday must be taken in 2012 from June excluding the month of August. Other blackout dates apply.