Do You Know A Young Travel Writer? - Al Fresco Holidays
Do you know a young Bill Bryson or Michael Palin?
Well, we are on the hunt for all budding young travel writers! Do you know a child who loves to write all about their travels? Well we want to hear from them for a chance to win a family holiday.
We have today launched a Young Travel Writer of the Year competition right here on our brand new interactive kidz blog. We are encouraging children to write all about their travels in a bid to win a family holiday.
There are two age ranges – 10 & under and 11 & over and the competition will run for one month. All entrants have to do is write a story no longer than 300 words about a recent holiday – the best each day will be uploaded for all to read. The top ten will then be judged for the chance to win a holiday to an Al Fresco holiday parc in Europe.
If they’re stuck for ideas, here are a few ideas to get kids started. Don’t worry, they don’t need to answer everything on the list, it’s just to give them some pointers:
- Where did you go?
- How did you get there?
- Who did you go with?
- Did you go to the beach, play in the pool or explore the countryside?
- Did you try a new sport?
- Did you make lots of new friends?
- Did anything funny happen while you were away?
- What was the best bit?
Terms & Conditions:
- The prize is a family holiday to a parc of your choice subject to availability for seven nights and excludes: Marina Di Venezia, Pra Delle Torri, Camping Yelloh! Village Le Sylvamar, Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia, Le Séquoia Parc & Camping La Garangeoire
- Travel will be included in the prize for a family of up to six to a maximum value of £500
- Al Fresco has the right to withdraw the competition at any time.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative
- If the initial winner is unable to claim their prize, another winner will be chosen at the discretion of Al Fresco
- Winners must travel with someone 25 years old or over
- The winner will be contacted within seven days of the competition closing date with full details of the prize and how to claim it
- The winner’s name will be available 30 days after the closing date by contacting Al Fresco
- Start date is 1 February 2012
- Closing date is 5pm on 1 March 2012
- Any entries received after the closing date will not be counted
- The winner will need to draft 300 words about the prize to appear on the main blog and be available for promotion
- Holiday must be taken in 2012.